Master Tour version: MOBILE
“I found Master Tour indispensable for touring with more than three people. The app is easy to use and has become second nature to touring.”
Quick Bio: Paul Ion Barker is a producer, composer, and touring musician. His extensive production and writing work with Ministry extended from 1985 through 2004. He has been involved with bringing a wide range of other musical projects into fruition: Lard, Pailhead, Revolting Cocks, Flowering Blight, USSA, I Love You But I’ve Chosen Darkness, Malekko, Lead into Gold…and most recently as a touring member of Puscifer.
Barker is the co-owner/cofounder of Malekko Heavy Industry Corporation, a guitar effects pedal/euro rack synthesizer module manufacturing company growing steadily since 2006. Malekko Heavy Industry, based in Portland, is held in high esteem by professional musicians worldwide.
Paul released a Lead into Gold album and did a full US/Canada tour last year.
- What is your favorite venue to play and why? Paramount Northwest in Seattle. I grew up in Seattle, saw many great shows there, love the building, and knew I would play my own shows there. It’s nostalgic and extremely satisfying for me to play there.
- What three items do you absolutely need when on tour? In-ear monitors, phone, The Secret Teachings of All Ages by Manly Hall
- What is your secret to staying healthy on the road? Stay away from sycophants and ignore assholes.
- What was your first touring gig and when? The Blackouts, circa 1983
- What’s your ideal city to have a day off? Why? What do you recommend to do here? Any major city where I can see things I’ve never seen before, and if I don’t understand the language, the better. I’m interested in architecture, art, food, and I love to walk around and see what people have chosen to do with their society.